How to connect a PS4 controller to your PS3 for wireless use
1. Power the controller and the gaming system via the USB cable.
2. The second step is to access the "Accessory Settings" submenu in "Settings."A third option is to go to "Manage Bluetooth Devices."
4. Press the X button on the controller to access the "Register New Device" menu. If the first attempt at pairing does not work, try again. Sony
5. Select "Start Scanning" and then unplug the PS4 controller from the computer.
6. Plug the cable back into the controller when the lights begin blinking while holding the "PS" and "Share" buttons.
7. Seven, select "Wireless Joystick" and click the button.
Hopefully, the PS4 controller can now be used wirelessly with the PS3.